Chivalry Lost

Charisma Dealer in Training


Friday, July 14, 2006

Cold vs. Warm Approaches

I'm watching Pickup 101's excellent "Everything You Know about Women is Wrong" video and Lance makes a great point that I've been thinking about recently:

Don't let anyone introduce you.

If you're in a social scene, don't wait around for people to introduce you to their friends. Rather, make the approach yourself, for then you are controlling the interaction.

I don't know about you guys, but I hate warm approaches. When someone says "hey ****, I'd like you to meet ****", I freeze up. I'm not ready for running attraction material (or even going direct) because I'm not feeling in control. I'm glad Lance mentions this because I've been noticing it a lot.

It's weird... I actually prefer cold approaches now to warm approaches. Fascinating!

Alright, I'll be out running a few hours of day game this Sunday. It's been over a week since I've done an approach and I'm itching for that rush of direct game!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've noticed that meeting someone is akin handing over the botan. I'm not sure if you have to work up to it (as in, you personally), but for me, I shake their hand then start asking questions. If you take the lead away from the person introducing you, the person introducing you will inevitably leave (the party is elsewhere) and you get the control you need. However: If you're being introduced on the street, you have some obligation to the person introducing you, because they want to talk to you as well. When it's not a party, you could end up turning off the person who originally introduced you.

    Now, if you're really clever, you can come up with converation that includes both people, but I see that as hard, and direct game may suffer.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home