Chivalry Lost

Charisma Dealer in Training


Monday, June 05, 2006

FR: The Power of Direct Game

In San Francisco I went direct on numerous targets with about a 40% "Christmas tree light" effect (credit Mango). I was hanging out with Mango and Positive for Memorial Day weekend when they asked me to enter a set using direct game. I had never done this before, but after enough encouragement I went ahead and did it. For some of the sets, I was entirely blown out (i.e. the girl would just say "thanks" or "I know" when I said she was incredibly cute). But for a surprisingly high number of sets, she would say "Thank you!" and light up like I flipped a switch.

Three examples come to mind:

Ex 1: Mango spots a seated 5-set and a target. He tempts me to enter but I refuse, probably thinking internally that the women are going to laugh at me and I'll never have sex again (illogical belief). Eventually I muster up the courage and enter, I walk up to the target, I say excuse me, I saw you as I was walking outside, and I just had to say...you're incredibly cute! Her response: "thanks." I walk away with my confidence in myself high. Sure, I was blown out, but I did it! Mango enters the place and talks with the girls, then I re-enter and talk to them as well. We say what we were trying to do, and they are surprisingly nice about it! I say thanks to them all for helping me get over this problem and we move on our way.

Then
, we're walking by another coffee shop when Mango spots a cute seated 2-set inside. He says "go direct NOW" and I go in without even a hesitation (after running on the 5-set before, I can do anything now, right?). I enter and say to my target, "I saw you walking by and I just had to say... you are incredibly cute!" The target lights up and says "Thank you!" Her friend says "would you like to have some food?" so I say "sure" and sit down and join them. It turns out they are sisters visiting from San Jose, we fluff for a while, and I get their emails and a picture with them. Wow! It works! Her sister was actually trying to HELP me. What the hell? There is no obstacle (thanks Positive).

Ex 2: We are in a cab headed to Union Square (a.k.a. Pickup Square) when Mango spots an incredibly hot HB9 with a blond HB7 next to her. I literally jump out of the cab and race towards the HB9. I freeze for a moment, Mango helps me gather my thoughts, and he throws me into the set. I approach from behind, tap her on the shoulder, turn her around, and say "I saw you walking by and I just had to say... you are ... incredibly cute!" She also lights up like a Christmas tree! I run back to Mango who orders me to re-open the set. I run back to HB9 and say "I'm sorry, I'll just be miserable unless I get your name." She lights up again and it turns out to be Samantha. She will always be Elizabeth Hurley to me. Thanks Mango--I have now opened my first "amnesia hot" woman.

Ex 3: We're chilling in a bar having some dinner when Mango and Positive are watching a seated 2-set behind me (1 AFC guy and an HB8 blonde). She's begging for kino from him but he just doesn't get it. We start to pack our stuff to leave and the AFC guy goes to the bathroom. Again, Mango says "Her BT is high--go direct!" I walk up to her and run my direct line: "I was about to leave when I saw you... you are incredibly cute!" She grabs my hand and pulls me in for a conversation! We chat briefly about where she's from, what's she's doing, etc. I could have instadated her right there but I was still so amazed at the power of the direct game.

Direct game is where it's at. Why? You can skip attraction material and just go to rapport.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah, just reading this brings a smile to my eyes...

     
  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger M said…

    Go forth from this day young Jedi and bring smiles to the faces of the women in Seattle...

    You've been entrusted with a very powerful skill my friend, wield it wisely...and often...ok dammit, just use it whenever you see a hottie!

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dude, this is inspiring.

    You don't know how much you're helping college nerds boost their confidence.

    This is awesome stuff.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home