Chivalry Lost

Charisma Dealer in Training


Sunday, June 04, 2006

Timeout

So I just came back from San Francisco last weekend and had a rush as I was opening more sets than ever before and trying more things than ever. I still have to work on my night game, but what I am really focused on now is day game. As such I'm going to be practicing it exclusively for the next few weeks. Rapport is everything!

But, I took a timeout this week (I know I shouldn't after the rush of hanging out with Mango and Positive), but my best friend from college committed suicide two days after I returned from San Francisco, and I've been mourning his loss ever since then. Why do I post this? I wanted to remind myself and the world of PUAs to not forget that women may come and go, but really good friends--the kind you can trust with your life and inner most secrets--are few and far between. Take a few days off from pickup and hang out with your buddies (even if they are AFCs). Don't glance around the venues looking for "targets." Hang out with your female friends and not your "pivots." Go watch a baseball game! Enjoy a bottle of wine with an old friend and share stories of yesteryear.

Ultimately, this game is supposed to become second nature, but I know for a long time while we're in the game, it becomes our life. That's OK because that's how you get better, and I know now I have the potential to become one of the best PUAs in Seattle. That is my commitment to myself: I will not leave Seattle (i.e. move) until I am a full-fledged, high-ranking PUA who can handle Amber (in Seattle) or the Matrix (in San Francisco) like a playground.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry to hear about that dude. You're right. This stuff should be part of your life, but should never become your entire life.

    It's ok. Mango and I will forgive you one or two weekends off. Anymore than that, and you'll have to offer up a blonde and a brunette to us for every weekend spent slacking. :)

     
  • At 1:43 AM, Blogger Pastiche said…

    Dude... you're from Seattle? Do you know Kaigel (I believe that's his pickup handle)?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home