Chivalry Lost

Charisma Dealer in Training


Saturday, May 13, 2006

How to Get Good at Pickup

In order to get really good at pickup, you need to dedicate your life to it. Here's a snippet of an interview with Herbal, one of the original members of Project Hollywood. Read the full interview!
What advice would you give to newbies starting out, in order to greatly accelerate their learning curve?

I could write a book here. Take a workshop, first of all. I was always too proud to take a workshop. I didn't need to spend money to get good. It's true - I didn't, but I would have gotten much better much faster if I had.

Now I'm fortunate enough to be friends with most of the seminar and workshop people, so I can sit in, but it's not the same. If I could go back and pay to have a real workshop, I'd do it. I had no idea how high quality these programs were (specifically Mystery, RSD, Pickup 101, and The Approach).

After you take your workshop, go out religiously. I taught with Mystery for a while, and the people who got good were the people who applied what they learned.

Also - dedicate your life to it. EVERYONE who has gotten very good has done this. It's equally important to take a step back later and see what's stuck with you. But in the beginning - dedicate your life to it.

I MOVED ACROSS THE COUNTRY to get involved. I had a house in Austin that I kept paying the mortgage on while I was in LA. I literally spent all of my savings on the deposit for my chunk of Project Hollywood and had no idea how I was going to pay the rent when I got
there.

You're not going to get good starting out two nights a week on your own. It just won't happen. Surround yourself with people who are GREAT (not your fellow AFC friends who are also learning). Go out a lot.

Pickup is both the hardest skill you'll ever learn and the most important. Everyone I know who is any good will say it's the most important thing they've learned, because it applies to EVERYTHING, not just women. I have better relationships with friends, family, and business associates because of it. Do what it takes to get this.
This is an inspirational interview. Please read it.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger sfpoet said…

    Pickup being the most important skill you'll ever learn is so true. Some folks call it consulting; others giving people what they want; whatever you call it, it's gotten me out of so many jams.

    I work in Silicon Valley. At my tech events and mixers there are 99% dudes at events. Who gets choice at these events? I do, b/c I talk to the other 1% who happen to be women and some of them hotties. I owe this ability to talk to PU.

    Thanks for posting an insightful interview.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home