Chivalry Lost

Charisma Dealer in Training


Saturday, April 29, 2006

Rainy Day, Gaming?

It's raining outside in Seattle today but I'm not gaming at Barnes & Noble, although I did find it target rich when I was going to pick up my new journal. (I tried to find a cool seductive journal but failed, then I was going for a nice leather-bound journal, but I refuse to spend $40 for a notebook, so I went for a $7 journal with a funny picture of Shakespeare on the front)

This is a good day to spend inside studying because gaming is hard when it's raining. It's not just that there are fewer people outside, but because people aren't as happy when it's raining. I slept in today, read a little bit, and now am watching the Lance Mason video on kino. It's really good stuff, but only a smaller part of a bigger puzzle for me.

I was out gaming with friends last night but again realized how much I need to work on vibing and overcoming anxiety. It's not just approach anxiety; it's talking to new people anxiety. I can feel my pulse rise right when I start a new conversation with a girl, and I'm already worried about what's going to happen before I say hello. So I'm going to take care of that in May when I do my first real training.

In the meanwhile, I'm going to spend this weekend in study. I need to finish the Lance Mason video and then read the book Total Self-Confidence. I'm trying to improve my inner confidence, which is absolutely important for inner gaming. Given my own problems of inner game from the past, one of the biggest steps is actually rewiring my inner thoughts and repairing damage from the past. Tomorrow I may watch the whole David DeAngelo Cocky Comedy series, or I'll just read the book Feeling Good (on the subject of cognitive behavioral therapy).

This game is crazy difficult though to get started! I know once you really pass this first hurdle and start opening sets left and right, you'll be able to move onto the next level, but I really think those first few hurdles are the most difficult. Never give up, never surrender! I do think this is the hardest thing I've ever done.

Mystery was right about PUAs: you're either a PUA or an AFC. There is no middle ground (let us call it RAFC), and it's like you're swimming between two islands. Fortunately, I have wings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home