Chivalry Lost

Charisma Dealer in Training


Monday, May 22, 2006

Bantering

I admit that I'm a slow learner. I've read a lot of material from many of the gurus out there (David D, Mystery, Swinggcat, Juggler, etc.), but I haven't really been good at applying it because I've read too much information and haven't opened enough sets. So I'm back at my college this week, and I'm trying some basic stuff I've read from the guys at Pickup101. What I've been doing today has been some basic banter lines on some unsuspecting targets during my day game, and I've started to see how it really does work in sets.

For instance, at the coffee place today my friend and I started busting on the barrista for not knowing about the caloric levels in the chocolate cappucino muffins.

(We're at a coffee shop called Stella's)
Me: You're so fired as my personal barrista. I'm going to call Stella and she's going to take you in the back room and teach you a lesson. You're a bad girl.
Her: Oh no I can't be fired! I like this job so much.
Me: Sorry, you're in trouble now.

My friend and I went back and forth to get more coffee and food for the next hour, and each time we played her and she played us. It was a fun interaction each time and we were all smiling. No #close or anything, but I can see how she really was playing into our little game. I had had little success with banter on previous girls the night before because they were all drunk, but during the day when they are drawn into my reality, it becomes a fun game.

Anyway, these are baby steps, but I can start to see how if you know what you're doing, this can be just an ongoing adventure. I can't wait to live it!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger M said…

    Great job at attempting the banter. Continue to play with a couple of different lines and make them yours. Use the one, "You guys are trouble" all the time, it even works on older chicks and moms.

    Keep practicing, you're already showing signs of improvement in your game.

    Resiliency, tenacity, you've got those characteristics, don't give up, and keep plowing through.

     
  • At 6:39 PM, Blogger Van Wilder said…

    Thanks Mango. I can FEEL the power behind all of this, I think I just need a little help in gluing everything together. I'm coming up with banter lines and even some negs right now with my buddy. It's actually a lot of fun!

    If only I knew a PUA who could teach me what he knows.... hmm, where can I find one? :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home