Chivalry Lost

Charisma Dealer in Training


Sunday, August 06, 2006

FR: Friday Aug 4, Belltown

I met up with some great wings on Friday night in Belltown, including Mellow Yellow, Switch, Wuhoo, Voodoo, Tarzan, Valentino, and Mango and Positive who were in town for the weekend. We hit up The Apartment around 7 to get some drinks.

We're chillaxing and Mango wants me to practice some night game. Tarzan goes into a seated 2-set at the bar and opens. Mango asks me to wing him in about 60 seconds and I go in, using the great target-finding signal to Tarzan:

Me: Hey, which of these girls is trouble?
Tarzan: This one is totally trouble.

I sit down next to my target and so Tarzan can isolate. I banter for a bit with her, play some people watching with her, but ultimately get bored with the conversation. I want to tell Tarzan I need to get out, but a good wing will hold the set as long as necessary. Eventually we eject and I post mortem with Tarzan. We talk with Mellow Yellow and discuss our signal for asking the other wing if the set is failing and we want to eject, or if he needs us to hold the obstacle(s) for him. In the future, you ask your wing mid-set, "Hey is your girl too nice? 'cause this one's way too nice for me." If he says yes, it means stay in your set. If he says no, then start your 60 second countdown and prepare to close out the set.

Venue change to Black Label.

I'm seated at the bar next to Mango enjoying my hallmark drink, the Apple Martini. Mango spots a 2-set across the bar and sends me in. I wait for a few seconds for the right moment and as soon as they are taking out their camera, I jump in.

Me: Oh you're taking pictures, I love pictures, smile big!

They both give me the first impression scan down to see if I'm being playful or trying too hard, but they see the smile on my face and say OK!

I enter the set and start bantering. Mellow Yellow walks in, I identify my target, and the set is rolling. I'm actually quite taken by my target but her food has arrived and her friend asks if we would come back later. I politefully eject and tell my target I really enjoyed talking with her and would like to continue the conversation later. She agrees.

I continue to open some sets in the bar to continue having fun, and I end up bantering with all sorts of sets and just having fun. Eventually we have to bounce so I run up to my target and go for the #close in case I don't see her again, but I ask her to show up to Amber later that night.

She does. I open her in Amber and end up being in set with her for at least an hour. Her friend refuses to leave us so I can't run much rapport, and in fact her friend is calling out how I am flirting with her and she's not going to leave unless some cute guy picks her up. Throughout the next two hours I'm running every story I have, my identity stories, my attraction stories, the Amber-exhausted Indiana Jones vs. James Bond routine... everything in my stack to keep the conversation going. My target is liking me and kino'ing back, but I've never held a night set this long without going to rapport so I'm throwing out everything in the arsenal. Wings are entering left and right to help me with isolation, including Valentino, Tarzan, Mango, Positive, and Mellow Yellow. It's a long set and I only got to rapport with my target for about 3 minutes before her friend returned, but I established my day2 with her and the set was a success in my eyes. One of those sets...

I eject and the PUAs venue change to Twist. I tell the bouncer that these are my friends and he lets them all in without checking their IDs. (credit: Mango for social proof tips) We are inside talking with lots of PUAs and having a good time overall, and as we're about to close out, I see a seated 6 set of mostly blondes. I've got a drink in my hand and I walk right up to them:

Me: (drink up) Hey guys, cheers! (credit: Positive)
HBs: Our friend is getting married, blah blah blah

I walk over to the bride and her very cute blonde friend. I banter a bit, congratulations, etc. Awesome comes into the set and reminds me to kino my target, which I do. I'm having a great time and they are loving me. No routines really, just a really warm vibe I'm sending out to them.

I banter a bit more with their friends and we're all heading out. As I'm outside with the PUAs, I see the bachellorette party girls coming out and re-open the bride and her other friend, another cute blonde. Banter, kino, etc. as always, until I spot a super cute blonde (drunk) coming out. I walk right up to her and grab her hand, saying how nice it was to talk to them (big smile on my face). I squeeze her hand to test for attraction (positive) and give her a hug goodbye. In hindsight, I could have kissed her.

Lessons learned:
  1. Wing dynamics are important. I learned how to signal to my wings that I'm not interested in my girl, and I need to know if he is still interested in his target and how we can communicate that.
  2. I'd prefer not to stay in set with my main set of the night that long, but honestly I think her friend really did a great job of cockblocking. At the end of the night though, I was getting hugs and she said that she totally approves of me seeing her friend. Not that I needed approval, but it's more social proof.
  3. Bachellorette parties full of blondes are great! They're all tipsy and having fun. If you grab a girl's hand and she passes the attraction test, go ahead and order her to kiss you (repeat: order her, don't ask for permission; you really can simply say "I've gotta go, kiss me").
Overall, it was a great night and it was so much fun rolling with the Seattle PUAs. You guys are great and I have strong feeling the new Lair is really going to blossom over the next few months. Keep up the good work!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, what a great field report!

    Here are some things that may add to your game.

    1. I noticed that you never mentioned any qualifying or testing. Although you ran a lot of material if you never qualify you may never establish Prize framing (Swinggcat concept). Prize framing gets them to see you as a valuable guy worth getting to know better.

    2. If the friend was interfearing with your sarge you may run a routine that involves the two of them. This may soften her up and give you the opportunity to pawn her off on your wing. This may give you a chance to get into some rappor.

    3. I also noticed that you did not mention an "accompishment intro" when your wing arrived. Did you do one?

    Overall, great stuff!

    KingMax

     

Post a Comment

<< Home