Chivalry Lost

Charisma Dealer in Training


Thursday, August 10, 2006

Breakthroughs in One Month

OK, so I am pretty hard on myself usually. I've been in this community outside the realm of a KJ for about five months (total community time is around ten months). When I first started, I was a WBAFC, i.e. would never even have the courage to ask a girl for her phone number. I've made some huge jumps in the past few months (especially after rolling with Mango and Positive in SF), but I'd like to remind myself the accomplishments I've made over the past month:
  • This week: Had a solid Day2 with a cute target -- hadn't had a Day2 all summer... just didn't seem to care for a while after some personal problems.
  • Last Week: had a female friend's roommate say to her, "man, that guy makes me wish I was single!"
  • Yesterday: #closed an HBTall without even asking -- she just wrote her # down on a card and gave it to me. She was cute but actually taller than I am... eh, not really attracted to that. Still, it felt great.
  • Today: hired gun at Kell's Irish pub flat out hitting on me during service. Like HBTall, I wasn't even trying to hit on her, I was just being totally chill with a semi-flirtatious smile and a light touch of rapport. No kino. Still, I think it was just my attitude of this fun, cool, and flirtatious guy that really got her going.
After Mango and Positive were just up here, Seattle feels like a different town. We've found ourselves the best equivalent of Pickup Square from SF (we call ours Pickup Triangle) and we now have a solid army of PUAs ready for battle. Where will this all lead? I've got a feeling we're in for a hell of a ride, and the momentum is really building.

In summary, I am trying to be less harsh on myself, and I should focus more on what I have achieved versus what I have not. I'm still light years ahead of my game from last year, and I think once I get past a few more sticking points, I'm going to be phenomenal. That perfect set is coming along very soon; you know, that set where everything just clicks.

Tomorrow, 4-5 PUAs are meeting at Pickup Triangle for day game. Let's see what happens...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home