Chivalry Lost

Charisma Dealer in Training


Saturday, December 17, 2005

Don't Drink and Sarge

Building up muscles: good. I've got to stick with this lifting routine because it's slowly building my perceived value.

Drinking too much and sarging: bad. I was at this predominantly Polish-speaking party last night, bored to tears, and so I started drinking pretty stiff rum and cokes. After an hour of dancing, I was in the line for the bathroom when an American HB-7 passes me. She just turned on the lights in the hallway so I say "party foul!" and she laughs and kinos my arm. She goes to the bathroom and returns, saying "I was in the VIP bathroom" as she passes. She stops, turns to me, and asks what my name is (IOI). I strike up a conversation with her and have a pretty solid topic to share, but because I had been drinking a lot, I didn't run any basic Mystery methods like demonstrating high value or qualifying the target. Until this stuff is internalized, you've got to avoid the sauce!

I also committed one major mistake. During conversation I mentioned how much I loved this country, and half way through this sentence I knew I had just gambled majorly. If she liked America, I would be golden; if she didn't, I'd be stuck in a political debate. One of the major rules of pickup is to never talk about politics or religion or anything that's highly debatable. I spent the next few minutes explaining why I find America to be such a great country (I should have a canned response to this one in case I have this scenario again). Fortunately I was able to use my defense to segue to the topic of travel, which I can discuss ad nauseam.

The chat lasted a good ten minutes and I felt the urge to number close, even though I hadn't performed the right patterns. What the hell, I figured, and the party was closing off soon. BUT--another bozo move--I left my cell phone in my jacket, which I left in a pile at the front door. To get her number I would need to leave the target or bring her with me. While I was deciding on how to do this, her brother showed up. He seemed like a complete idiot, but I was able to disarm him. Then as he walked away, this other fool showed up and turned her away from me. I walked away and hoped she would seek me out again when I was nearby, but she did not. This is a non-IOI so I figured it was over. Maybe she was just very flirtatious?

Lessons to learn: don't drink when you're sarging, keep your phone nearby or a pen & paper, and never ever discuss politics or religion! I knew these rules of engagement but violated them, and I missed the number as a result.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home