Chivalry Lost

Charisma Dealer in Training


Monday, January 30, 2006

David DeAngelo is Scary Correct

I just started into the audio portion of David DeAngelo's material. I don't know how well his stuff works, but I am thoroughly amazed by what he is saying. He's speaking directly to my soul and, I would imagine, a whole lot of guys' souls. I've loaded a bunch of his audio into my new MP3 player and I'll be listening to it again and again at the gym. Please help me, David! I feel you have the potential of literally saving my life.

There's one thing he mentions calls "transition vulnerability" which is a scary concept that has been addressed by other PUAs. Mystery suggested in Style's "Annihilation Method" farewell session that there are only AFCs and PUAs. Anyone in the middle is really floating in water and very vulnerable. The techniques you learn and practice can really rock your world, and it can frighten you as well. When you're in this middle ground between chump and rockstar, you need to be awfully careful because of the awesome emotional power that may unload upon you. I'm there right now, and I'm scared. Some days are good and some days are really, really bad. As I type this, I'm terrified. One-itis is flaring up and all I want to do is crawl into a hole and hide from the world.

David D mentions that failure with women can be like a virus running on the internal computer system inside a guy's head. It affects everything else running and corrupts his system as a whole. He's absolutely right. Hell, I'm typing this at work because I can't think of anything else except gaming. I was in a meeting today thinking about what tracks I need to review, what books I need to read, and where I need to practice. I haven't even had a full success yet since I started down this path, but I can't stop thinking about it. This game can consume your life. Watch out!

The funny thing is that before the game, I never thought about this stuff. I would see a pretty girl, be scared, and run away. Or if I talked to a pretty girl, I'd say hi, nice to meet you, and then look away. Scared. Now I know to continue the conversation, demonstrate high value, build rapport, etc., but since I'm hyperaware of it, I'm nervous because I'm judging myself. Until I'm totally confident with women and no longer allow them to run my life (as they are right now--pathetic!), it's going to be rough. This blog is my only support network because others don't understand how difficult this bridge can be. Thank you for listening, blog. No one knows about you, but hopefully some day someone in my shoes will read this and see that they, too, can go from AFC to PUA. Screw the terms: they can become confident and conquer their inner fears.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home