Chivalry Lost

Charisma Dealer in Training


Saturday, November 26, 2005

Corollary

As a corollary to my last post about perceived value, I think the real goal for me is simply increasing my perceived value! I am attempting to do this physically: nosejob in January, continued and frequent bodybuilding to sculpt my shape, and hopefully teeth realignment with Invisalign (I would prefer to NOT use braces again but we'll see).

So that's the physical angle, but we're dealing with women here, and the real way to get a woman wet is not through physical appearance but words. What does one say to a girl to enchant her? I want the ability to charm any girl I want (and even those I don't want). I want the ability to make guys jealous of my charisma. I want girls to be sarging me at some point.

I know this is doable. My recruiting trip back to my college showed that once you're in the zone, it gets a whole lot easier. I want to cure myself of this depression and find a way to always put myself into the zone. Style alluded to this: he said that the best way to be attractive to girls is to be an overall happier guy, and he found ways to do this through inner gaming. Indy and I are trying to get a session going with Steve P., but I need to read up on inner gaming in the meanwhile.

It's truly amazing how simple it is, and all I really need to do is de-program my brain in the areas where I learned to fear women, fear rejection, and fear loss. I've tasted the reality of this a couple of times and I want to pursue it 100%. The greatest part is that it's already internal within me, and I just need to find a method to bring it out. Like the wizard says to Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz, "you've always had the power:"

Glinda steps out of the ball of light and kindly tells Dorothy that she has always had the power to go home with the magical power of her ruby slippers, but she had to discover it for herself.

Dorothy: Oh, will you help me? Can you help me?

Glinda: You don't need to be helped any longer. You've always had the power to go back to Kansas.

Dorothy: I have?

Scarecrow: Then why didn't you tell her before?

Glinda: Because she wouldn't have believed me. She had to learn it for herself.

Dorothy insightfully explains what she has learned from her experience - during her dream of being in Oz. In a self-revelation, she realizes that everything she could ever have wanted was right in her own backyard - if she had wanted it hard enough. She relinquishes the miracle-working power of the Wizard - he has floated away - and relies upon her own power and personality to find her independent identity and way home. By returning to the Gale home after fantasizing about the enchanting world beyond and experiencing it along the Yellow Brick Road, she has confronted her childhood fears and grown up emotionally with strength enough to meet her adult future. In some ways, the journey was as rewarding as the accomplishment of her goal.

I've always had the ability in me to be a more attractive person and be more confident in myself, but I never really wanted it hard enough or believed I could be all I wanted. I'm still working this, but I'm thinking this is going to be key to my success.

Yes, as you can tell, the game has already started to consume me--and I've barely scratched the surface. God help me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home