Chivalry Lost

Charisma Dealer in Training


Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Rhinoplasty

I'm considering getting a nosejob. My nose is OK as it is, but it's not nearly as natural looking as I would like. I've been fishing around for input as to whether I should go ahead with it, and I'm receiving conflicting feedback. Some people I know well (guys) say that my nose is fine and that I shouldn't spend $8,000 to get it fixed. They say my nose is good as-is and I won't get any more women by getting surgery. Then there are others who are more removed (i.e. don't know me) who do, indeed, think there is a significant difference.

I can take apart the cost argument easily: amortize the cost over the rest of your life (how long your nose will last you) and the expense isn't that ridiculous. I plan to live at least another 100 years (go gene therapy!) so even $10,000 / 100 = $100 per year. Hell I spend more than that per month in fuel.

Regarding the guys' second point about women, this is true, but my goal is not to "get more women" by having a better nose. Rather, the goal is to make me feel better about myself. Make me feel more natural looking, which will as a result exude in my own self-confidence. I am not ashamed of my nose as it is, but if you could see the new nose projections, I really would look a lot nicer with a modified nose.

I'm really only posting this because it's a personal consideration for a rising PUA. How important are props? Nice cars, nice clothes, nice hair--symmetrical face? Not nearly as important as the game! The game is all that really matters, and serious players are damn good at it. I will get women by practicing the game more, but I think I could really boost my self-confidence by playing the game with a better nose.

Relevant Van Wilder quote:
Jew 1: How do you put a price on dignity?
Jew 2: How do you put a price on poo-nany?
Jew 1: Yes! Ahhh!

I'm going ahead with the surgery (I'm just trying to figure out how to pay for it now), but I'm totally open to hear your input. Not that anyone knows of this blog... but some day this will be a chapter in my book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home