Chivalry Lost

Charisma Dealer in Training


Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Falling Down

A friend of mine was visiting me this weekend, and we spent probably half the time talking about women. For some reason, we always talk about that. Always. And it's depressing because we're always upset about it. I've told him about the game and the community and how it will make my life so much better, although I haven't had any success yet.

We got to talking about why I started playing the game, and I mentioned that one of my main reasons to play was to prevent myself from settling with a suboptimal mate. I know I'm an awesome guy, but because of my torn history I never seem to value myself high enough around women (or around men, it seems). So although I'm a great guy and everyone agrees, I don't have the confidence necessary to find a girl who's perfect for me. In reality this results in unhappy relationships where I'm too much of a wuss to break out. This happened to me numerous times before and I would see it recurring indefinitely until I had a horrible marriage.

So, in that sense, it was good that I got into this whole game. At the same time, I feel really sorry for all the guys out there who don't know that they can improve their situation in life. There are millions of nice guys who were programmed to kiss girls' asses, even though that strategy does not work in the real world. We were watching the movie Falling Down, and the lead character Bill (Michael Douglas) was your typical AFC: nice guy, works for a living, pays his taxes. But he's divorced and his wife won't let him see his kid. All he wants to do is see his daughter on her birthday, but because of his social problems he cannot.

At the end of the film, right before he is shot by the cop, he says "I did everything I was supposed to do," and he's the bad guy. His life is the AFC gone to the extreme, but after having seen the movie with my new eyes I'm glad I'm not going to end up like him. I know plenty of guys who are completely fed up with life already (in their early 20s) because they are so depressed and angry that they have to struggle so hard with women and people in general, and I'm so glad that there is a way to help these people. Once I help myself, I want to start helping others.

I just need to help myself first. That's the hardest part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home