Chivalry Lost

Charisma Dealer in Training


Thursday, October 06, 2005

Theory of Attraction

Suppose man A likes girl B, and girl B likes man A, but in a more platonic manner. Man A continues to flirt with girl B, really hoping something happens between the two, but girl B is currently with some more attractive person. Is the goal to get girl B jealous of man A if man A becomes surrounded by many beautiful women who are even more attractive than girl B? Does this work?

I think it does work because man A's perceived value increases. It's really all about perceived value, no matter how you slice it. A guy who is really hot has high perceived value at a distance; a guy who is really rich has high perceived value in society; a guy with big muscles also might have high perceived value; or a guy who can play a guitar in front of thousands of others might have high perceived value. If you think about it too much, like I do, going from low perceived value to high perceived value does not take that much effort. Get a nicer car, make more money, fix yourself up physically and with better clothes, or start a rock group and go on tour.

I'm still pining over this girl that started it all, but I realized the other day (again) that in the long run, I'm going to be the one with the higher perceived value. I have no problems flirting with women who are ten years older than I am because they look for strong character, stable income, and good senses of humor, whereas women my age (early 20's) tend to look for physical attraction as their primary concern. So in a few years, it won't be a problem for me getting with ridiculously hot women, but what in the hell am I supposed to do until then? Just wait around? Nah: I'm fighting back on all fronts, with a nice car, a good job, a strict bodybuilding regiment, and aspirations for major success. (not to mention better clothes and maybe even some rhinoplasty!)

But what continues to bother me is why I am thinking about this girl when I now know (though I cannot yet prove) that I can get girls who are 9's or 10's! This girl is probably at best an 8 (except for those eyes, rated at 11), yet I cannot stop thinking about her. This is probably because we get along so well, and because I have tasted her lips but was afterward rejected. And, as we know, rejection only makes attraction stronger.

My fight against one-itis and my training towards player-hood continues. I still feel it's a shame that I've had to do this, but I know in the long run this is all for the greater good of not only myself but those girls I choose to "date." It will make my life more enjoyable and provide great experiences for them.

Onward!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home