Chivalry Lost

Charisma Dealer in Training


Sunday, October 02, 2005

More Training Required!

So I've gotten pretty confident with walking up to random girls in bars and saying hello. Actually, this has affected all aspects of my life, including at work and in the casual world. I've just become more friendly and happy as a result, which is a really great feeling. Remember what Van Wilder said about this: "Life is all about developing relationships."

Last night I was at a bar in the gay area of the city. It was a very nice bar and I had a great time, and while I realized I had no problems saying hello to new people, I still didn't know how to continue conversations with that. Furthermore, I was drinking and hanging with my boys, so I wasn't really even looking for hookups. But what I do need to do is get back to the ASF site and continue educating myself on subjects like self-valuation, patterns, and closers. These are baby steps towards PUA, and I'm continuing to push myself away from AFC. I am an RAFC right now, but I sometimes feel like I'm falling back to my AFC days occasionally. The great thing, however, is that I'm aware of it. For instance, I try to never linger in the same position once conversations halt. I just keep on moving!

I went to another bar this past Friday night with "the girl" that started this all in me. We had gone to a baseball game with her friends and were meeting up with more of them afterward for more drinks and fun times. It was great, and I had an extra good opportunity walking up to random women and saying hello. For example, there was this 6' blond with D's who was by herself for a brief while as her AFC date was getting more drinks (supplicating her) to get them both drunk. I walked right up and started chatting with her, but I started to feel towards the end that I didn't know where the conversation would go. I seem to be so good at engaging girls with boys already!

Did I mention that she complimented me twice that night? I know, I'm obsessing over this one girl, but dammit, as Van Wilder also said, "I mean this girl is dynamite!" It's so hard to find a girl who's smart, fun, and attractive. Or maybe I'm not looking hard enough?

Anyway, part of this endeavor was to make "the girl" slightly jealous. You see, the problem is that I met her during my AFC days, and even though I'm now on my way to PUA, she has already pigeonholed me in her mind. (women do this) Of course, even bringing this girl up again is a clear sign of AFC-ness (one-itis), but I still have to mention her since I am still infatuated by her smile and eyes. Have you seen Big Fish? The main character mentions during it that when you meet the woman of your dreams, all time seems to stop. This did, in fact, happen with me and this girl when I first met her, but of course things didn't ultimately work out in my favor. (besides, who wants to get married now?) However, I do think having a strong girlfriend now would be quite beneficial to my Master Plan.

These lyrics remind me of her:

She's got a smile that it seems to me
Reminds me of childhood memories
Where everything
Was as fresh as the bright blue sky
Now and then when I see her face
She takes me away to that special place
And if I'd stare too long
I'd probably break down and cry

She's got eyes of the bluest skies
As if they thought of rain
I hate to look into those eyes
And see an ounce of pain
Her hair reminds me of a warm safe place
Where as a child I'd hide
And pray for the thunder
And the rain
To quietly pass me by

Thank you, Guns N' Roses.

So what's the plan now? I'm moving to the University area of this city to say hello to some new student bodies (targets a'plenty). This will give me the practice I need and perhaps some great new adventures. I'm going to continue working out daily at our fantastic gym each weekday (5 days/week!), and I'm going to switch my diet to one fit for a body builder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home